The Warehouse Worker Certificate program prepares the adult learner for entry-level employment in warehouse occupations. The Warehouse Worker program includes 40-hours of small-group classroom instruction and 8-hours of off-site Forklift operator training. Individuals successfully completing this program will have proof of skills training prior to applying for positions, thus satisfying the requirement of many employers for semi-skilled workers. Participants will receive a Warehouse Worker Certificate and Forklift Operator Certification.
- Positive Can-do Attitude.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Complete 40 hours of in-class instruction, under the direct supervision of an OSHA Authorized Outreach Instructor. Mandatory attendance at all classes.
- Complete 8-hours of Off-site On the Job, training at one of our Community Partner Sites.
- Undergo pre-screening to ensure strict compliance to program and potential employer requirements:
- Program Orientation
- 5-panel drug-screening
- Test of Adult Basic Education
- Industrial Skills Evaluation ensures math level proficiency
- Remedial Tutoring as needed
- Resume and Job Readiness
- Job Placement
- Participants completing the Warehouse Worker Certificate Program will possess an understanding of general warehouse operations.
- Desired employment in a local warehouse.
Warehouse Worker Training Requirements:
Course overview: 48-hours
40-hours of small group instruction and 8-hours off-site forklift training.
- General Warehouse Procedures
- General Warehouse Layout
- Proper Use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Potentially Hazardous Situations
- Chemical Handling & Hazardous Material Procedures
- Correct Operation of Heavy Equipment and Tools
- Hands-on Training with Warehouse Materials
- Paperwork and Reports
- 30-hours of Small Group Instruction
Forklift Operator Training and Certificate
- Forklift Orientation and Training
- 10-hours of Small Group Instruction
Off-site Forklift Operator Training:
- Hands-on Forklift Training
- 8-hours of Off-site Forklift Training Mandatory
Certified Warehouse Workers possess an understanding of warehouse operations and safety protocol.
Building a Skilled Workforce
- Reading Text and Reading for Information
- Oral Communications
- Thinking Skills
- Working with Others
- Continuous Learning
- Computer Use
- Self-Management and Self-Direction
Upon successful completion, participants will receive a Warehouse Worker Certificate of Completion and a Forklift Operator Certification.