Who We Are
Milwaukee Achiever Literacy Services is an adult literacy program founded in 1983 by Alverno College, Cardinal Stritch University, and Mount Mary University. By providing a caring and supportive environment for learning and personal growth, Milwaukee Achiever is empowering learners to achieve education, career and life goals every day! In 2009, Milwaukee Achiever was accredited by ProLiteracy, a nonprofit educational organization that evaluates and supports literacy organizations across the country and around the world.
What We Do
We specialize in one-on-one tutoring and small group instruction for adults who are working to improve their lives and their communities. Through education, we help them create a new beginning and achieve their goals.
Volunteers are the heart of our mission, helping us serve the more than 800 learners who come to us every year for academic tutoring, life skills training, and instructional programs that prepare them for continuing education and employment.
What We Offer
Milwaukee Achiever is proud to offer a diverse range of the highest-quality adult education services available in Milwaukee. These services include:
- PI 5.09 HSED Program
- Adult Basic Education (ABE)
- General Educational Development (GED)
- English Language Learning (ELL)
- GED Minilab: Small Classes for Accelerated Learning
- Citizenship Preparation
- Computer Literacy
- JobLink (Adult Education services for your company's employees provided directly in the workplace)
- Bilingual Medical Interpreter Training
- Warehouse Worker Certificate and Forklift Certification
- Health Literacy and Financial Literacy Workshops
We make every effort to accommodate the busy lives of our adult learners. Weekday morning, afternoon, and evening sessions are offered to accommodate work, study, and family responsibilities. Read a detailed description of our programming here.
For more information about a specific program, please contact one of our community learning centers.